Wednesday morning.
I texted Rob and asked him what time might be good for us to come meet Ciara.
He said 10:00.
As we were all getting ourselves out the door...at 10:00...Rob called and asked if we could wait until 10:30. I said, "Sure!"
Then he said, "Maybe 11:00?"
I said, "Sure..."
He said, "Even better would be 12:30 or 1:00."
"Hey! You're mean!"
He laughed and admitted that he thought it would be fun to torment me a bit.
Off we raced to the hospital
so that Rob couldn't torment anymore.
Introducing Sweet Baby Ciara Carolyn!
I think this is the picture that Rob had shared from his phone the night before.
Thank you, Facebook.
These are my first pictures.
I hope that you don't mind that I used this picture, Brandy.
You looked so good after such a long labor...and I was so relieved to see your smile.
Brandy's mom arrived at the same time that we did.
Here she is looking into the eyes of her granddaughter.
Papa B's first chance to hold Ciara.
I love this picture because it shows
the glistening of tears on his cheeks.
Finally!
I just wanted to soak this moment in and memorize her little newborn face!
Cousin Carrie's turn!
The little boys weren't allowed to come back to the room because of age rules, so we decided that Carrie should come back first since she had waited longest for a cousin...16 years!
Carolyn Jane holding her new baby cousin, Ciara Carolyn.
I am totally positive that Mom is bursting with joy.
And pride.
Much pride.
Papa B with his oldest and youngest grandchildren.
Trade!
Time for Cousin William to come back!
I love the expression on his face in this picture.
It reminds me of the look of pure enjoyment he had when he first held Josh and Matthew.
Brandy told us that we might be able to bring the boys around to her window to take a sneak peak at
their little cousin.
I love this picture.
I don't think they will ever forget this moment.
Matthew kept trying to ask Uncle Robbie through the window, "How big is her ear?!"
Brandy's mom took this picture when the doctor came in to check on Ciara.
Angel face.
Later that night, Dad and I came back in with Uncle Rick.
Great Uncle Rick he is.
Check out that little shoulder!
I have always known that aunts and uncles really love their nieces and nephews...I just never knew how much until I became an aunt. I am really looking forward to watching my kids play with Ciara and to be able to spoil her and love on her. Something special happened to our family when Brandy married Rob.
I got a sister.
I saw Rob truly, truly happy.
New traditions began.
Family bloomed.




















Such a beautiful baby girl and such a special time in so many lives.
ReplyDeleteLove, Me
Beautiful baby sweet angel. Rob IS mean! Love you
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! so glad that Ciara arrived safely.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to be an auntie? I'm so happy for you.
I miss seeing your bright, joyful face.
Love ya <3