Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Little More Waiting...

The phone by the side of my bed, volume turned up.
Crazy dreams.
Matthew's arms and legs flopped over my neck and back.

That's how I spent Monday night.

Monday morning, Rob called to let us know that Brandy was dilated to 7 and holding.

If it had been just me waiting, I would probably have driven myself crazy just sitting around Dad's house waiting for more news.
But I knew it would be more fun for the kids to get out and do something.
Make the time pass more quickly.

One thing that we did while we were waiting was to go visit my Uncle Roland.
The kids were pretty excited about this. 
They love Uncle Roland...he's always been a big kid.

When we got to his house, he was getting ready to 
feed the cows.



 Josh could hardly wait for him to open the doors and let the dogs run free!


And it's no wonder why!
Just look at them!


This is Snowball.
She's a rescue dog.


Attack!


And run!


 This is probably one of my favorite pictures ever.
Josh's face...the puppy's tongue.
Josh loved every minute of it.


Everyone did.




I think that this is Tzeitel.
(Shee was named after a character in 
"Fiddler on the Roof.")
Tzeit would hop up on the bench, 
inviting Uncle Roland to sit.





I love it!







Uncle Roland said that he can do nothing else but watch the dogs when he lets them out.
They would run in all directions!
"Sleigh!  You get back here!"




 Time to go to bed.



Next, Uncle Roland showed us his walnut forest...
and his walnut picker-upper!
Who knew that picking up walnuts could be so much fun?
See the barn in the distance, through the trees?
That's Dad's barn...the farm where I grew up.
Isn't it neat that Mom's brother moved down the lane from us when I was a kid?


Another place the little boys had never been...Rentown.
It's a great little country store run by an Amish family.
My grandpa used to buy cheese wheels there and bring them down to our house when he came to visit.
Dad and Gilda still buy candy there 
and bring it down as a special treat.

"What kind of toilet are those used for?!"


No, Carrie!
It's a feather duster!


Eventually, we got the text that read, 
"TIME!"
Off to the hospital we rushed!

I think we were there around 7:00...



Dad and Brandy's Grandma 



 Then the news that we've been waiting 
so many months to hear!

It's a girl!

Ciara Carolyn was born on September 11 at 9:22 PM...
7 pounds, 6 ounces
21 inches long
Mommy and Baby Girl are doing safe and well!
Thank you, Lord!
So many prayers were answered.


Proud Papa showing pictures of his brand new daughter.


After so many hours of labor, we decided to send our love to Brandy and Ciara, give Rob a great big hug, and head home so that everyone could settle in a bit.

But early next morning...

Much love,

     AUNT

No comments:

Post a Comment