That's right!
Little "Matty Boo Boo," as Joshua so affectionately calls him, has turned one.
Along with the official title of "One" comes increased frustration with being bound to four-on-the-floor...although, I think walking is just around the corner.
We have quite a mouthful of swollen gums to brag about too. Matthew still boasts only two bottom teeth, but his upper gum line suggests much more on the horizon.
As you can imagine, there's much to cry about lately.
And that's not to mention how sick everyone has been...again!
Lately, I've been pretty frustrated too. I love blogging, but I just can't seem to get to it. Homeschooling, keeping up with a very active 3-year old and a crawling baby, a messy house, loads of laundry, grocery shopping and meal preparation, and sick kids have kept me from it. And I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job in keeping up in those areas either.
I know, waaa, waaa, waaaaaaa!
Who's the baby?
I must also admit that my own "perfectionistic" tendencies are to blame. In fact, those tendencies may be the main culprit. I tend to be an "all or nothing" kind of person. If I can't do something exactly the way I want to do it...when I want to do it...I tend to put it off. Then, of course, it never gets done.
Enter blogging.
I think it began with Paul's birthday.
Wanting to say "just the right things" about the love of my life.
Then William's birthday. Sweet, sweet William.
Then all of a sudden, Easter was here!
And Matthew's birthday!
Wow. I am so behind.
So, I'm done trying to do this the "right way." Maybe tomorrow you'll get to see a few pictures of William on his birthday. Or maybe it will be Matty's frog cake. Or maybe some thoughts from Easter day.
I'm also done with feeling guilty about not doing this the "right way."
I'm going to get back to original reason I started writing this blog...to give my kids something to read someday when they're old. To give my family from far away a peek into our everyday life. And now, I have a few new blogging friends from far away to invite into my daily life.
Enter joy!
Enter simplicity!
Happy Birthday Matty! What a sweet age.
ReplyDeleteI feel your 'pain'. I went through a similar phase with blogging. I had to decide what I wanted my blog to be, instead of what I thought it was expected to be.
You are doing a great job. I love seeing what you all are up to!
Here's a new motto for you...
Keep it simple! Keep it real!
sooooooooo cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are such a good momma...that shows up in your kids joyful faces!
God bless you!
LY