Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello Muddah...

Paul and the big kids went to church camp last week.

They had a really good time. This is the second year that Paul and Carrie have gone. William went for the first time this year. Only kids from our church's 5th, 6th and 7th grade go with parents from our church as counselors. It's a fun time for them to all get to know each other better.



I stayed home with the little boys. Josh had a pretty hard time. He kept asking when his best friends were going to be home. Carrie anticipated this and took a picture of herself and Josh before she left. She then put it through the printer on 8 1/2" x 11" paper. Josh carried it around all weekend.



I tried to keep things exciting so Josh wouldn't think about how much he missed Paul, Carrie and William. Thankfully GG (Great Grandma) came and spent the night with us the first night. She has a special way of giving all her attention to the kids. She plays with them and tells them stories. Josh didn't feel quite so sad while she was here--except for a little while right before bed when it got dark outside. It was so much fun to have her here. I enjoyed being able to just sit and visit with her.



My brother, Rob, came the next day. He stayed with us the rest of the weekend. We went to Dunkin' Donuts (Josh's request--I was happy to oblige), and we went Pirate Party shopping for Josh's upcoming third birthday. We also ordered pizza and watched a video of Josh's choice. I think that Rob was happy to just sit with Josh on his lap and watch "Oswald," one of Josh's favorite TV shows.

He surprised us by riding his new motorcycle down to see us!

Oooooh! Aaaaaaaah!



Paul, Carrie and William came back home with lots of stories, sore muscles and sunburns...




William with a particularly bad sunburn...



I've never seen a sunburn blister in person before! I hope to never see one again!

Once the pain is gone, I'm sure the memories will be sweet.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet about Josh's "best friends"!
    and the sun blister - kinda icky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggg!!! That blister is nasty! I hope it's healing ok. Sounds like everyone had a great time at camp! What a good big sister Carrie is!

    ReplyDelete