Friday, July 11, 2008

Fruit Bobs

One morning as Josh and I were watching TV together, and we saw one of those little shows between shows featuring a young boy making Fruit Kabobs. Josh said, "I wanna do that Fruit Bobs."

Since I am not the model mom when it comes to feeding my kids all the fruits and vegetables that they need everyday, I thought that it would be a fun way to serve some extra fruit. I even had some skewers in one of the drawers in the kitchen.

So, off we went to the new Wal-Mart to check out their produce department. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety and quality of the fruit we found!

And I was pleasantly surprised to see what a popular idea this was!

What was especially fun was to see the combinations that the kids put together on a skewer. Some skewers had more variety than others...




And Josh just kind of ate as he went...




Everyone enjoyed Fruit Kabobs! We also served them for the family on the Fourth of July instead of a pan of brownies. Can you believe it?! I've even had the kids asking for Fruit Kabobs.



Do you think that asparagus, lima beans and brussel sprouts would be as popular?

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I am sure that my daughter would love this - I just may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have any problems eating fruit, but the kids would LOVE this method!

    ReplyDelete