Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Corn is Always Sweeter...

Isn't my neighbor's corn just beautful?!




I know, for anything to be better on the other side of the fence, you have to have something to compare with the "what is better."

I admit, I ain't got nothin' when it comes to corn on my side of the fence. Anyway, not of my own labor.

But I do have corn from our local orchard--and boy was it good!



Isn't it fun when you reintroduce something to a 2-year old? He was only one last summer, so he didn't remember the joy of corn-on-the-cob! He sure loved it and was telling everyone he met up with the next day about his sweet corn-on-the-cob.



My dad grows a pretty big sweet corn patch up north. When William was very young, he would tell people that Papa B was coming down and bringing sweet corn. There's just nothing like home-grown sweet corn!



And here's Carrie. She gets to cut hers off the cob this summer. Braces! It goes so slowly that way! Maybe next summer she will be able to eat it off the cob again.



And then there's Matthew. He's been joining us at the table lately. He just can't figure out what all the slurping, crunching, and mmmmmmming is all about.



Sorry, no pictures of Paul and me eating our corn.


But we'll leave you with this.



Watch out, Tonya! This bunny looks like he's hungry! I don't know how high he can hop, but he might be in for something closer to the ground.



And my dog isn't going to be much help.

1 comment:

  1. OK. Now I'm hungry for some corn!

    Gotta love the dog - even if he's oblivious to the rabbit - LOL!

    ReplyDelete