Saturday, June 21, 2008

Success!

Success in our house begins with P!

O.K. That was pretty bad, I know. It just popped into my head, and I went with it. I have to tell you, though, I am pretty excited!

You guessed it! We've been potty training at our house. It's been just a little over a week, and Josh is in big boy underwear except for sleep times--but even then, he has had success in keeping his Pull-Ups dry while sleeping. And the most exciting thing to me is that even when he is wearing Pull-Ups, he still tells me when he has to use the bathroom.



We've all been celebrating success with popsicles. I haven't bought these for a long time, so they are new to Joshua. He loves them.




We all do!






To tell you the truth, I wasn't at all ready to potty train. I knew that it would be tough with a nursing infant in my arms a lot of the day.

I have to give gobs of credit to William! He has faithfully taken his little brother to the bathroom many, many times this past week. I told Paul that I think he and Josh get the credit for potty training.

I told William that someday his wife will be so impressed, knowing that he potty-trained his little brother.
He was speechless--which isn't natural for William. :)

5 comments:

  1. What a nice big brother! My youngest was potty-trained by his neice who is a year younger than him. Long story there!

    Good luck with the endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jeolous. I have been trying for months with Teige. Can I borrow William for a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neither Carrie or William potty-trained early. I "started" with both of them after they turned 3. I think William was closer to 3 1/2. I've never been structured or very disciplined when it comes to potty training. This is probably the most structured it's been--because William is so good about taking him everytime. And probably, too, because he knows William does the same thing.

    William was very slow at learning to potty train. Very slow. So, take heart! It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had an awful time with Emmy, it took about a year before she was really fully trained. I am dreading it with Pooky. So glad that it is going well at your house this time around, and that is awesome that William is helping out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, and I was going to ask you for tips and suggestions! Daniel still isn't trained. We went back to diapers. sigh. Is there a sign up list for borrowing William, and how much does he charge?

    ReplyDelete