
The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood...a favorite in our house!
This is one of Joshua's favorite books. It was one of William's favorites. And, it's one of my favorites too. It's so much fun to read!
Here's my Little Mouse. He adores strawberries! Last weekend we went to the local farm market to pick out some strawberries. I set them aside until I had time to clean them.
And here is a closer view of those Red Ripe Strawberries...
Irresistible, aren't they?
And now, The Big Hungry Bear (me) looks over at Joshua who is chewing something.
Bear asks, "What are you eating?"
Mouse replies, "A strawberry."
Bear says, "They aren't clean! Don't eat any more."
Bear continues to stare at Little Mouse.
Little Mouse says, "Go sit on couch!"
Bear asks, "Why?"
Mouse says, very honestly I might add, "So I can eat strawberries."
Grandma, who is visiting Little Mouse, says, "I'll go clean some strawberries for him."
This is just a sample of what she found...
"And this one must be from yesterday," she says. It was a little rubbery where he took the bite.
You can't keep a Little Mouse away from his beloved Red Ripe Strawberries!
Yummy in my tummy! Where do you pick yours?
ReplyDeleteLOL, my daughter does the same thing. I always find bites out of our fruit - she does it a lot to apples, takes a bite and puts the apple back in the fruit bowl.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE his honesty! He is so cute!
Those strawberries look yummy! I can see why he gave way to temptation!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip about baby wipes. I scrubbed with a wet rag, but the carpet is still awfully stiff in places.