Way up high in an apple tree,
Five red apples smiled at me!
I shook that tree as hard as I could!
Down came an apple.
Mmmmm, it was good!
What would fall be without a trip to the apple orchard?
I think that we have the most beautiful apple orchard around!
Anderson Orchard just celebrated 50 years!
It's been around almost as long as I've been around.
We have visited this orchard for many, many years.
2011 seems like such a long time ago when I look at these pictures.
So much has happened in just eight years!
But there are always new memories to be made!
And Paul, Josh, Matthew, and I are on it!
Apple Orchard 2019!
Picking our own apples and sampling them
along the way is one of the *funnest
things to do at the orchard!
The boys and I stopped by the orchard a couple times before this trip,
and each time Matthew asked if we were going to
go out and get our own apples.
Of course, the other fun thing about going out
into the orchard is climbing the trees.
Apple trees are the best!
Food and Fun!
Okay.
I have to do this.
You know I do.
2011 Joshua and 2019 Josh
2011 Matty and 2019 Matthew
Jonagolds.
That's where it's at for just plain eating apples. Jonathans are my favorite baking apple. This year I only made one Apple Pizza Pie. The crust has become really frustrating to me. I just haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. So, I decided to look around a bit for another crust recipe. I hesitated doing that for so long, because this recipe is one that came from my Grandma Huff and the same one that I remember Mom using every time she baked pies.
But! I found one that is almost exactly the same! The only difference is that it uses butter along with the Crisco.
Thank you, Sally!
Mom and Grandma have both been gone for a long time. I never got the chance to make a pie crust while they were still alive, so I was missing out on the instruction part of pie crust-making. I wish I had a picture of the pie that I made with this crust recipe, but trust me! It turned out just right!
Apple season isn't over, but I always feel like September is the prime timeto make apple desserts. As the weather turns cold this weekend, I might give Pecan Pie a try!
*Merriam-Webster says that I can use this form of the word, so I'm going to.

No comments:
Post a Comment