I do procrastinate.
As a general rule, I procrastinate.
I bought my Oreos that morning.
But thankfully, I had bought
my approved solar glasses
and activity books ahead of time.
Two weeks early, in fact!
That is really not like me at all.
So, what's with the Oreos?
Edible phases of a solar eclipse.
And "et" them, we did.
There was nothing like going out and seeing that
first little chunk out of the sun!
first little chunk out of the sun!
Then it was hard to stop watching...
Even Lando and Joe had their glasses ready
thanks to Josh and Matthew.
Profile time!
Can you guess who's who?
Okay...the next two are give-aways.
I should have zoomed in closer.
More eclipsing going on!
Charlie is such a good puppy.
We told her that she could come out
if she didn't look up at the sun,
if she didn't look up at the sun,
so she turned her back on it.
And on us.
Every now and then we had some cloud cover...
but not much!
Just enough to cool us off a little.
The light started getting eerie, the crickets started chirping,
and the birds were flying low into the trees.
and the birds were flying low into the trees.
I am pretty sure that I even saw a bat!
It's hard to tell from this far away,
but the neighbors were grilling out and having a pool party...
complete with music appropriate for a celestial event.
We were all in waiting mode...
And then it happened!
My camera just had to give it a shot.
Here is the sun at its most hidden moment.
So beautiful and amazing!
It continued to look a little eerie for awhile...
And then, right on cue, the the moon
continued on its path across the sun,
continued on its path across the sun,
and the storm clouds rolled in,
bringing rain and a bit of thunder.
bringing rain and a bit of thunder.
In less than 7 years, we will be on the search for eclipse glasses again as parts of Indiana prepare for a total solar eclipse.
The Lord willing and the clouds don't come,
we will be sitting in those same places.
Maybe.
I wonder what will change and what will remain the same.
I'm thankful for a God who never changes.
A God who loves to surprise us with the amazing!
The Lord willing and the clouds don't come,
we will be sitting in those same places.
Maybe.
I wonder what will change and what will remain the same.
I'm thankful for a God who never changes.
A God who loves to surprise us with the amazing!



No comments:
Post a Comment