Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Favorite Holiday Photos

I didn't take many pictures in November and December.  I go in spurts, it seems, when it comes to picture-taking.  My word for the year was definitely not "intentional," although I thought about adopting it last January.  I didn't really have a word, and I don't know that I have one for this year either.  Maybe I need to be more intentional and find a word.

But for now, I want to share a few of my favorite photos from the past few weeks.  To be fair, each of my loves is only being highlighted once.  There may be a couple shots of a couple people, but they are from the same "shoot."  Or maybe they just happened to be in the shot with the one being shot.  So they ended up in more than one shoot.  Does that make sense?

I love these pictures of Paul.  And that smile!  He is so relaxed while letting little kids crawl over and under him.  That's how he rolls.




And I think this is a really pretty picture of Carrie.  She's being silly, but I think that's when people are at their prettiest.  When they aren't trying.



This picture of William is so peaceful and content.  That is what has happened to William these past few years.  He has become peaceful and content.  And I love those dimples!  Isn't he handsome?


 Here is a boy who loves the babies!  Josh always wants to hold Ciara and Emmie.  Ciara is a mover and a shaker, so she is hard to hold on to, but Emmie seems to like being held. She and Josh spent some quiet cousin time while we were up north for Christmas.



 Here's some more cousin time happening!  These two are just plain silly...which makes them really fun to watch!  They are the cousins closest in age, and as Ciara gets older, they play more together.  And goof around a little.


I love that my kids have cousins, because I love having cousins!  I love that my cousins love me and still want to come have some cousin time.  Now our cousin time includes second cousin time and first cousin once removed time.  (I think I got that right!)

My crazy, beautiful cousin Sherry and her kids came over to do a mini Christmas celebration with us in December.  Have I mentioned how much fun cousins are?





 Several years ago, Sherry sent me a card that reminded her of our childhood.  I loved it so much that I hung it inside my baking/cereal cabinet.  I think of her every time I open that door...which is almost every day.  The funny thing is how much those little girls with their chocolate-laden purses and kitties look like we did when we were little girls.  I'll have to go digging in boxes to see if I can find any pictures from way back then.


What makes you happy today?
Is it hidden chocolate inside a purse?
Is it a warm, fuzzy kitty?
Cousins!  Definitely cousins!
How about the smiles of the ones you love?
Yes to all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment