The kids have been sleeping in late this week. All the preparation for Carrie's graduation open house on Saturday and then the party itself with all the playing and visiting has left them tired. Me too. I have been up at the regular time the past couple mornings, but I find myself dozing off as I'm reading the Word and praying. I used to feel so sad about that until Carrie said that she heard someone say once that as a mom, you wouldn't get mad and upset if your child fell asleep in your arms as he or she was talking to you...so why do I think that God would be upset. I love that visual...falling asleep in the arms of God. Resting in His presence.
This morning, I'm a little restless, so I decided to get up and check my email and work on a blog post. It's 8:30 and the house is quiet and cool and smells like the hazelnut candle that I have on the warmer, along with the smell of burnt food. I've set the oven to self-clean...and it really smells like it needed it.
The blogs that I most want to catch up on right now take me back to April! I never blogged about Matthew's 6th birthday. Things got pretty busy around here right after his birthday and haven't really slowed down. So this morning, while everyone else is still in bed and I can concentrate, I'm going to blog about the day Matthew turned 6.
Six! The day began with Matthew being the second one up...which is pretty normal. Josh usually has him beat in that department. He came smiling through the traditional birthday streamers, favorite dog in hand (thank you, Uncle Rick!), ready to begin his day.
The first thing that he did was take a look out the back window at the baby foxes in our neighbor's back yard! We discovered them romping in the sunshine with each other that morning.
Here you go, Uncle Rick...a picture just for you!
Ooohhhhh those eyelashes!
I love these pictures. Carrie says that they will be the ones used on his first country record album cover. That is...if he sings.
I love this one...blue teeth from a sucker and all!
Daddy was finally able to squeeze some smiles out of Josh...
And of course, Charlie was begging for some attention.
"Play ball?"
(That's in quotations because I know that's what she's thinking.)
The kids got Matthew LEGOS! Josh and Matthew are both having lots of fun with their LEGOS.
More LEGOS being unwrapped...
And BB's!
You know, when we were choosing names for Josh and Matthew, one of the things that I loved about those names (besides being really cool men of God names) was that they also sounded very cowboyish.
Breaking ol' Daisy in...
Love! Love! Love!
Birth to age six...
May 2008
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six























No comments:
Post a Comment