This is one of those times that I don't want to slip by and become a non-memory.
I think that this might be the last Christmas in which everything is all brand new for Matthew.
He doesn't remember any Christmas celebrations from the past, so every time we did something, it was all brand new to Matthew. I love that!
Making Christmas cookies was one of
those brand new activities.
Look at that concentration.
You can tell he's concentrating because his tongue is hanging out...just like his Papa B and his Grandpa Pete.
I think that what Carrie captured in this photograph is Matthew poking a piece of cookie dough
into his mouth.
Once he tasted it, he wouldn't stop eating it.
I think that he liked the dough better than the baked cookies.
William would also tell you that the dough is his favorite part of Christmas cookies.
Josh is carefully observing everything before jumping in and cutting his own cookies.
That is so Joshua.
He is a very cautious little guy.
Although, I don't think that I can call him
a little guy anymore.
Just look at him!
He doesn't need a stool anymore
to reach the top of the island!
I must direct your attention to Matthew's sneaky
"under William's arm"
reach for a hunk of cookie dough.
"under William's arm"
reach for a hunk of cookie dough.
Is it possible that this is William's fourteenth Christmas?
This is my Grandma Bellman's cookie recipe.
She used to make the cookies and then frost them in yellow, green, blue, and red frosting.
More rolling, cutting, baking...
...and eating!
You better stop eating that dough, Mister!
"Dough? What dough?!"
Oh, what a happy day Cookie-Making Day is!
Until the cookie dough becomes Play-Doh!
"Stop playing with the cookie dough, Mister!"
(No Williams were hurt in the making of these cookies.)
I'll just bet you that Josh is thinking, "If I can't play with the dough, then I'll play with the powdered sugar."
Monkey See, Monkey Do
Speaking of monkeys...
Ahhhh...the finished product.
Here is one that William made especially
in honor of Pastor John.
It's all decked out in Purdue colors.
Another year of cookie-making in the books.
So...until next Christmas...unless, of course, we pull out the recipe for Valentine's Day.
Cookies dressed in pink frosting and red hots are mighty pretty!
Enjoying cookies,
No comments:
Post a Comment