That equals the perfect day for a field trip to our local apple orchard!
This is one of my family's favorite September haunts.
For seventeen autumns, this has been one of my favorite fall-time traditions.
There is a great big apple barn with tons of fun buys!
Fresh produce, candles, honey sticks, baked goodies, apple cider, frozen fruit, popcorn, jams and jellies, fudge, chestuts, pumpkins, beautiful big mums, and our favorite...apple cider slushies!
Even though you can buy apples already picked, we love to pick our own!
Nothing beats standing in the middle of an apple orchard with apple trees full of ripe apples!
The games you can play and the things you can do in a really good apple orchard are endless...
The family who owns this orchard even encourages their guests to taste test apples off of the trees.
Off of the trees, Matty!
Not off of the ground!
Mmmmm...good!
Picking with friends makes a trip to the orchard extra-special.
I think Josh is sharing a bit of advice on apple-picking.
He looks pretty serious about what he has to say.
Ahhhh...an expert apple-picker.
William has been picking apples from these trees for a long, long time.
And the pumpkin patch!
A picture of me and the boys.
Carrie had fun hanging out with some friends at the orchard.
Oh, so pretty!
There's just nothing like apple orchard apples!
For years, I've been wanting to try my hand at apple butter-making. A good friend shared her recipe for crock pot apple butter.
Boy, did this smell good!
Who needs a Yankee candle, when you have the real thing simmering in your kitchen?!
I know that I said that I was going to not look back, but how could I resist finishing this blog post that I had started back in September?!
Especially when it is one that brings back such fun, happy memories.
Enjoying the Journey,
No comments:
Post a Comment