I can hardly believe it...FIVE!!
So, the preparations have begun.
Actually, they began several weeks ago.
Joshua decided that he wanted to go with a Star Wars theme.
I took him on a trip to the local party store to look at birthday themes, and that is the one that he decided on.
I'm not sure what appealed to him most...maybe it was Yoda on the plates...or Darth Vader on the invitations.
Maybe.
But I have a feeling it was the light sabers.
What little boy...or big boy for that matter...isn't attracted to those light sabers?!
An important part of preparing for this party has been to watch the Star Wars movies...all 6 episodes! We started with the last three--which were actually the first three--and last night we finished Episode 3--which was actually the sixth one made.
Am I even close to being right about that?!
Anyway, we have all had lots of fun getting ready for this party.
It's all about the preparation.
Some Jedi Knight training...
And there has to be a bad guy...
Yesterday, we began work on our Death Star pinata...a soccer ball pinata painted gray. Josh did a great job painting! It took all day to paint, let dry, paint, let dry, touch-up, let dry.
But by 10:00 last night, it was finished and hanging above the sink to dry for the final time.
Finished.
Until that rebel Sith, Matthew, pulled up his little red stool to the sink, took both water-soaked sponge brushes in hand, and began his own work on the hanging Death Star.
Remember!
When a two-year old gets very quiet--CHECK ON HIM!
I don't have pictures of the gray paint running off the Death Star and onto the kitchen floor.
Or of the gray speckles of paint all over Matthew's face and the counter tops.
But here is a picture of the Death Star that needs to be repaired before Saturday...
Today we will repaint the Death Star.
And we will say as Yoda says, "Do. Or do not. There is no try."
Even though I feel more like quoting Chewbacca..."Aaaaaaargh!"
Enjoying the Journey,
No comments:
Post a Comment