Monday, September 28, 2009

Full Circle

Carrie has come full circle today...back to her starting point.
Well, sort of.

Take a look at this, and you'll see what I mean.

On December 4, 2007, I drove Carrie to the orthodontist to begin her journey as "The Wearer of Braces."

Look at that bright, optimistic smile!



A few hours later, reality began sinking in.
And so did the pain of braces.
I think you will notice that her smile isn't as bright in this second picture.



And now here we are, almost 22 months later.
Again, we start with that bright, optimistic smile.



A few hours later, we have a...
What's that?!
Look at those pearly whites!
Look how straight they are!

Look how old she looks!
How beautiful!



Wow.
What's her Daddy going to say?
If he shakes his head when she gets a new pair of girly shoes or a new lip gloss, what's he going to say when he sees "Baby Girl" tonight?

Full circle.
Well, sort of.
And I think it was worth it.

3 comments: