Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Smile and Say Cheese!

We went to The Children's Museum last week.
A long-promised, long-anticipated trip to the museum.
We spent the whole day there...the whole day.

Instead of buying expensive museum food (which we usually do, because I'm lazy when it comes to packing lunches), we decided to pack our own morning snacks and lunches (that's where yesterday's upside-down peanut butter and jelly sandwich ended up too).

Following is what transpired during morning snack time...

I packed banana "puffs" for Matthew and a cheese stick for Joshua.
Somehow, they ended up trading their snacks.

Here's Matthew giving his newly acquired cheese stick a not-so-sure sideways glance.



And here is Joshua checking out the situation to see if his cheese stick has been kindly accepted, while Matthew is trying to decide whether or not to take a bite.



And still trying to decide...



Going for it...going for it...



"Hey Josh, are there any puffs left?"



Here's the funny thing.
As much as he seemed to not like the cheese stick, he couldn't help himself from trying it over and over again...each time making the same "yucky" face.

Another funny thing...
Check out his little pinky finger. It's as if he really doesn't want to even be holding the cheese stick at all.

"I think Mikey will eat it. He eats everything!"
Did I just date myself?

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! He wants so badly to like it because it's the 'big boy' snack. I noticed that extended pinky finger too. Very proper.

    ReplyDelete