I say "surprise" because, even though the snow was predicted, it seems like we are forever disappointed by wrong forecasts. We just don't dare to hope anymore!
But, as you can see, today was a different story!
We were SNOWED IN!
I think the last report was somewhere around twelve inches of the white, powdery, fun stuff!
This was Joshua's first real memorable experience with snow.
He had lots of fun while he was out, but I think the whole ordeal of getting dressed, plodding through snow that was as tall and taller than his knees, and then getting undressed wore him out.
Not to mention the worrying that takes place when big ol' leaping Jack is around. He did get tied for a little while so that Joshua could sled without the stress of Jack bounding up behind him.
Jack did enjoy mauling William, though, before he was sentenced to the rope and the tree.
In the end, I think Joshua was more impressed with what awaited him inside.
Carrie had prepared a pan of her cinnamony Snickerdoodles that we topped off with a mugful of hot chocolate and marshmellow creme--and coffee with creamer for me.
"I'm all warm now...in my belly!" was Josh's response.
And when Carrie and William were preparing to go outside again while Joshua went down for his nap?
Protests on Joshua's part?
No.
Just a perplexed little guy wondering..."Why are they goin' out again? They've already been outside this day."
Next post...how the big kids spend a snowy day!
You could share some of that snow with us! My kids have been begging and praying for snow all winter. :(
ReplyDeleteJoshua is so cute. I just love his expressions. :)