Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finders Keepers

We have several people around here who are in "the weepers" category lately. In fact, I think everyone has fallen into losing one thing or another--everyone that is except Joshua. He's the finder.

Or maybe "the swiper" is a better description.

This is Joshua's "special box." The kids have always had a special box or special drawer. It's been a way to preserve my sanity. If I don't know how to categorize something or know where to put some little trinket, then I can just say, "Put it in your special box," and to me, things feel organized.

Joshua, though, is using his special box for more than just his possessions lately.

I've discovered that if I "misplace" something, all I have to do is ask "The Finder" where it might be and off he runs to his bedroom to retrieve it from his special box.



And since the big kids have school drawers, I gave Joshua his own "school drawer"--a place where he can keep some fun things to play with during schooltime.

But...it's just become another place to hide his--and other people's--loot.



You might look at the previous pictures and say to yourself, "Where's all the stuff that this sweet little boy is swiping from his parents and siblings?"



Well, Josh got this really neat new tent for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa. He asked for it to be set up in the family room, so we obliged.

Do you see Matthew's red car in there?



You might also notice a couple of DVD's, a pair of Carrie's sunglasses, and my sweeper cord snaking through...



...a pack of gum...

and what's that?!



Matthew's diapers?!

It will be interesting to see what happens when Josh's tent gets folded up, put away, and he has a "change of address."

Where, then, will he keep his findings?

4 comments:

  1. stinkin' hilarious! reminds me of swiper on Dora...
    what a cute little thief!
    can you check his little tent and see if he has stolen my sanity?

    have a great weekend, lovely girl!
    hopefully nothing else turns up missing around the homestead!
    LY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I just need to give Abbie a special box so we can actually find the stuff she swipes!?!? Like the remote control, Daniel's sippy cup, countless pens, and two of my plates? Thanks for the inspiration! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest needs a special box too! Lately she's taken to stashing things under the couch cushions. I sat down last night after the kids were finally in bed and was greeted by a tinny rendition of "twinkle twinkle".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh How cute! That at least means he's organized, right? He sees something and wants it all in one location - LOL!

    ReplyDelete